When it comes to our customers we are willing to make any change for their comfort. With that being said allow me to introduce you to the new and improved service area at Bertera Subaru in Hartford! The gallery below shows the construction progress of the building from the middle of May up until just a few days ago. We have kept the images in order to show you the groundbreaking process and just how long it takes to get a building standing. We think our newest addition to the building looks great and we cannot wait to utilize it! Stay tuned for more updates on our new service area and be sure to leave some feedback in the comments below!
July 17th 2016 marked our first Child Safety Day at Bertera! We were lucky enough to have so many people participate! A big thank you to the Palmer Police, Wilbraham Police, and Belchertown Police departments from making it out and bringing Buddy along! The Palmer Public Library made it to promote their summer reading program and to sell books! The Palmer Fire Department showed up with one of their trucks for the children to learn about and play in. We were fortunate enough to have the Palmer Ambulance Service arrive in one of their ambulances. The children not only made a mess of the ambulance and fire truck but learned a lot while doing so! Shaggy from KIX 100.9 made it out with free swag and prizes for everyone! Did we mention even the Boy Scouts were at Bertera’s Child Safety Day? Be sure to stay tuned for more events in the future! With such success you can be sure we’ll be having another one soon! Enjoy some of our favorite images and videos from the event below.
Our customers have got to be the best in the world. We receive letters, pictures, and more all the time! We love sharing with our customers and it warms our hearts to know they're willing to share with us as well! We received the letter below from one of our loyal customers a few days ago. Have a look for yourself and find out just why our customers are the greatest!
Good morning Todd,
I enjoyed the visit to Bertera Subaru of Hartford to have our 2016 Legacy serviced. While I was there I said hello to the Sales Manager and had a welcome cup of coffee in your customer lounge. I am amazed at how professional and courteous your dealership is. I am so glad that I bought our Subaru there. Thank you again for the great visit. Will definitely recommend your dealership and your brand of vehicles to anyone who asks about such.
The proud owner of a 2016 Subaru Legacy Premium
The next one is from a pretty experienced car buyer. Check it out below!
I am writing to you the express my appreciation of the fine experience we had with sales rep Joe Boughton. I purchased a 2004 Subaru Forester for my daughter Katherine on May 17, 2016. My wife and I were met by Joe about the car I saw advertised on the internet.
Joe took us for a test drive, were satisfied, made a deposit, pending purchase on my daughter's approval the next day, and purchased the car, Although this was a modest purchase $, Joe was the most personable, detailed and knowledgeable car salesman I have met (I’m 85, and have purchased many cars in my day).
We would certainly want to deal with Joe again when we decide to purchase a new Subaru in the future. Joe is a fine asset to your dealership, and deserves a kudo from you.
John P J.
P.S. Joe called a few days after the purchase to be sure all was ok and left a message. Thank you, Joe.
We have included the hand written letter below.
On Wednesday June 1st we kicked off our Share the Love Check Presentation with Make-A-Wish Connecticut, some fresh snacks from the California Pizza Kitchen and games! IHeart Radio even stopped by to provide some fun games and goods for our guests! It was a great event for a great cause! We have managed to raise $100,000 for the Make-A-Wish foundation in the last two years! We are very grateful to be a part of something so special and truly hope we can continue to help provide wishes in the future. Enjoy some of our favorite images from the check presentation below. You can also download the full gallery below as well as listen to the radio ads.
Community Spotlight - IHeart Radio Spot
Make-A-Wish - Live Radio Invitation
Almost 50 years after it’s original introduction the all-new FIAT 124 Spider will be returning to dealers in three new breathtaking styles, the Classica, Lusso, and Abarth. The FIAT 124 Spider is the most affordable turbo powered convertible in America and would you believe it starts at only$24,995?
Powered by a turbocharged MultiAir 1.4-liter engine for best-in-class 160 horsepower and 184 lb-ft. of torque on the Classica and Lusso trims. You will find that the Abarth has more of a bite with 165 horsepower and 184 lb-ft. of torque. All three trims are available with a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. For more information on the specifications of the different trims please click here.
Some of the available safety features in the all-new 2017 FIAT 124 Spider include blind spot minoring, rear cross path detection, and a rear backup camera. Let us not forget some of convenient new tech features like keyless entry, bluetooth connectivity, heated seats, and FIAT Connect 7.0 with Pandora, Aha, and Stitcher!
You can take home your brand new 124 Spider in these three flavors:
•FIAT 124 Spider Classica – The Classica will come in a variety of colors including a red clear coat (Rosso Passione), white clear coat (Bianco Gelato), jet black metallic (Nero Cinema), gray metallic (Grigio Argento), dark gray metallic (Grigio Moda), and bronze metallic (Bronzo Magnetico).
•FIAT 124 Spider Lusso – The Lusso will come in the same colors as the Classica with the addition of a crystal white pearl tri-coat (Bianca Perla).
•FIAT 124 Spider Abarth – The highly anticipated FIAT 124 Spider Abarth will come in the same colors as the Classica with the removal of the dark grey metallic color (Grigio Moda) and the bronze metallic color (Bronzo Magnetico).
Keep in mind the first 124 units will be available as a limited-edition Prima Edizion Lusso! So be sure to pre-order yours if you haven’t already by visiting us online at BerteraFiat.com
Have a look at the gallery below and let us know what you think about the all-new 2017 FIAT 124 Spider in the comments!
May 21st marks the 23rd annual Earthfest sponsored by Radio 92.9, Whole Foods, and Subaru of New England! There will be food, music, and plenty of fun for the whole family! They’re expecting well over 100,000 attendees this year, so be sure to get there early for parking or prepare to use public transit.
Date: May 21st, 2016
Time: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: DCR Hatch Memorial Shell, in Boston
Website: Radio 92.9
Some of the featured artists this year are:
Headlining the 2016 Earthfest is no other than Fitz and the Tantrums! They’ve been around since 2008 but really struck gold with their debut album Pickin’ Up the Pieces, released in August 2010. You can have a listen to HandClap, a song off their newest album below!
For more please visit their official website here.
Hailing from Rochester, New York, Joywave is an indie-rock band that rose to success in 2014 off of their LP How Do You Feel Now? Enjoy the song Life in a Bubble I Blew off of their newest release SWISH below!
Be sure to check them out on YouTube!
Coming all the way from the great north are The Strumbellas! You may have heard their single Spirits on the radio and if not have a listen below!
Did we mention there will be a Battle of the Bands event and the winner will be opening for Fitz and the Tantrums as well? Other musical guests are still being determined. For an up to date list of the artists attending click here.
Protective driving techniques are not restricted to driving skill and perception. Sometimes protecting yourself on the road requires preparation for the worst. One of the most basic and most effective defensive driving techniques to keep yourself safe as a motorist or even a traveler is to ALWAYS use a seat belt. It is well proven that seat belts save lives, and drivers must do anything they can to increase their safety on the road.
Research has shown that vehicle passengers have a 40 percent better possibility of surviving a car crash if they are using a seat belt (this figure is dependent on the severity of the crash – some crashes are so sever that survival is impossible). In most accidents seat belts play a major role in reducing injuries. Each year around 20 percent of all car accident casualties were individuals not using a seat belt. Hundreds of other people are seriously injured or even disabled for life in car accidents where they were not wearing a seat belt.
Seat belts protect drivers and travelers in a variety of methods, such as:
1. Decreasing the time it takes a passenger to come to a complete stop upon impact.
2. Reducing a person’s contact or impact with the interior of the car.
3. Avoiding ejection from the vehicle.
If you are the driver, before your vehicle even begins to move you need to make certain of the following:
1. Your very own seat belt is properly fastened and adjusted to fit firmly.
2. Your travelers’ seat belts are appropriately fastened and fit firmly.
3. Children traveling in the vehicle are seated and strapped into the vehicle properly. If your child uses a car seat make sure the car seat is also properly installed. For purchasing and installation tips click here.
If you are a passenger, before the vehicle begins moving make sure you have:
1. Appropriately fasten your seat belt and adjust it to fit securely.
2. Encourage the driver and other passengers to buckle up.
Being pregnant should give a driver or passenger even more of a reason to fasten their seat belt. If you are involved in an accident, wearing a seat belt can safeguard both yourself and the unborn child. Here are some suggestions for conveniently and comfortably wearing a seat belt while pregnant.
1. Place the lap sash part of the seat belt under the child bulge, as low as possible. The lap part of the seat belt should sit over the upper thighs, not directly on top of the bulge.
2. It is possible to adjust the angle of the safety belt using a safety belt adjuster, located on the retractor.
3. Make certain the chest sash part of the belt is in front of you and in between your pectoral muscles.
Children should be restrained properly according to their size and weight. The child’s restraint needs to be installed appropriately in the vehicle. In certain vehicles it is possible to add an additional lap seat belt to accommodate a 4th small child in the back seat. However lap seat belts are not suggested on their own unless they are utilized in combination with a properly installed and fitted child harness. Prior to moving kids from a car seat into an adult seat belt, these conditions should be met:
1. The adult safety belt must fit correctly. The lap part is low over the hips (not the stomach) and the sash must not touch the child’s face or neck. Be sure to remove all slack from the seat belt as well before moving the vehicle.
2. Lap/sash seat belts provide much greater defense than lap belts. Where possible always put your child in a seating position with a lap/sash belt.
3. Kids riding in school buses should use a safety belt if one is readily available.
Seat belts are an essential part of automobile safety and should be kept in excellent condition. Vehicle owners should check the condition of their seat belts in their routine vehicle upkeep. Be sure to check for the following:
1. The safety belt themselves are not twisted, cut or frayed.
2. The buckles remain in excellent working order, engaging and locking effectively.
3. The retractors work effectively. The safety belt should slide out smoothly and be completely pulled back when not in use.
In lots of countries, such as Australia, every individual travelling in a car must wear a seat belt if one is available.
One of the easiest and most reliable protective driving strategies to protect yourself as a driver or a traveler is to ALWAYS use a seat belt. It is well known and studied that seat belts save lives. Using seat belts is plainly one of the most simple protective driving techniques a motorist or passenger can utilize.
The year 2014 marked the turning point in alternative-fuel and hybrid designs in the auto industry. Hybrid vehicles gained a massive market share across all manufacturers and became more popular among consumers. On top of that, the AAA Great Battery Roundup managed to gather over 20,000 used vehicle batteries and disposed of them in an environmentally friendly way!
Although disposing vehicle batteries properly helps the environment, it isn’t the only way you can help! According to AAA representative Michael Calkins, you can make a significant contribution by adopting 2 easy-to-implement techniques: regular vehicle maintenance and better driving practices.
Please use the following tips to increase the awareness of the impact your vehicle and your driving can have on the environment.
The best way to conserve fuel while driving, is to drive a fully serviced vehicle that has been maintained properly. Carry out regular vehicle maintenance at the periods suggested by your vehicle’s manufacturer. If your “Check Engine” light illuminates on your dashboard be sure to have it checked out sooner rather than later.
If you are looking for a credible auto center with the training and experience needed to keep your vehicle in the best shape please visit our service page!
It is a good idea to check your tire pressure often. Under-inflated tires push your engine to work harder and make use of more fuel to keep a given speed. You can find the specific pounds per square inch (PSI) in your owner’s manual, the vehicle door edge, doorpost, glove box door or fuel door.
Be sure to only have your cooling system serviced by a technician who is certified to manage and handle recyclable automotive refrigerants. Some older cooling systems include ozone-depleting chemicals that could be release into the environment.
Performing a “Jack Rabbit” start is never advised. Try to keep your vehicle below the speed limit. You will be much more safe and saving a little more on fuel too!
To properly deal with engine fluids and batteries. Call your city government waste management agency to find out the proper way to dispose of this waste. Never ever get rid of fluids on the ground or in any way that may permit them to make their way into groundwater, lakes or streams.
Appropriate car upkeep and environmentally friendly driving practices conserve natural resources, decrease exhaust emissions and reward you with a car that will last longer and be much safer to drive.
Keep your engine running at peak performance in order to conserve fuel. Perform regular automobile upkeep at the periods suggested by your car’s producer. Properly dispose of engine fluids and batteries. Proper car upkeep and ecologically friendly driving habits save natural resources, minimize exhaust emissions and reward you with a vehicle that will last longer and be safer to drive.
The very first warm weekend of the season generally triggers a symphony of cleaning items, vacuums and garden hoses. However while you may be in a rush to put a shine on your vehicle, it’s equally important to make sure it’s all set for the warm weather on the inside as well as the exterior.
“The most crucial areas to inspect after the harsh winter season are engine fluids, radiator hoses, belts, tires and brakes,” states Pat Goss, host of PBS’ “MotorWeek” and Washington Post vehicle columnist. “Adequately preparing these essential areas of the automobile prior to the weather heating up will not just keep you safe while driving, they’ll help avoid costly repair works.”
After battling months of snow, sleet, and icy roadways your automobile is certainly in dire need of some tender loving care. To make your spring as hassle-free as possible, follow this 10-point checklist to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape.
1. Eliminate your winter season tires and rotate all-season radials – If you have winter season tires, it’s time to store them away. It’s similarly essential to have all-season tires rotated or changed out for brand-new ones if you don’t have winter tires.
2. Brake check – After a blistering winter season, be sure to check your brakes. Indications include extreme grinding, screeching, shrieking or chatter.
3. Wiper blades check – Wipers ware over the winter season, cleaning away dirt and particles on your windshield. It is best to replace the wipers before the first showers of the season.
4. Clean the underbody – In addition to cleaning the outside, be sure to spray the underbody of your automobile and underneath the front and rear bumpers to wash away any salt accumulation, which can cause rusting. Utilize a high-pressure sprayer or garden hose for best results.
5. Apply a protectant – Any vinyl surface area, such as the seats and the steering wheel, are vulnerable to splitting, sun damage, and fading-so make sure to apply a protectant at the beginning of the season and touch-up regularly.
6. Modify your oil – Give some thought to the type of motor oil you have in your engine. Completely artificial oils are particularly designed to safeguard your engine in heat, while enhancing your engine’s effectiveness and lowering oil usage.
7. Inspect all fluids – In the winter season, fluids are quickly diminished as your engine works harder in the colder weather conditions. Ensure to inspect, round off or replace all fluids, consisting of brake, transmission, coolant, power steering and windshield washer fluid.
8. Inspect the cooling system, belts, and hoses – Assess the pressure of the cooling system, and analyze belts and hoses for wear and tear.
9. Interior cleaning – Vacuum and make certain to get rid of any unwanted garbage that has accumulated under your seats over the winter season.
10. Wash your car – All cars regardless of the finish (clear coat, acrylic, enamel, and so on) require regular washing throughout the year. To maintain your automobile’s luster and safeguard the surface area, wax your car once it has dried completely.
“The warm weather is here so make certain to follow this simple list to guarantee automobile reliability in the warm months ahead,” says Goss. “By taking care of your automobile, it will most likely care for you. And it will do it for a lot less money.”
March is a wonderful month! With the weather warming up and all the snow slowly melting away we cannot find a better reason to slash the prices on a number of vehicles for Bertera’s March Mad Deals event! Save thousands this month with great deals on the all-new 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4×4, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4×4, and the 2016 Dodge Journey SXT AWD!
Jump into an all new 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4×4 today with these great prices! It’s hard to resist the anti spin differential, a 5.7L Hemi, 20″ aluminum chrome clad wheels, class IV receiver hitch, and spray in bed liner, especially when they are all included.
You can slide into an all new 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4×4 today! With features like the 8.4″ Uconnect entertainment system or the heated front seats and steering wheel, we guarantee these won’t last long!
We keep it simple here in Westfield. Low prices and quality products are all we are interested in, simple right? The whole family can sit comfortably for the many miles to come. Begin your next family adventure with features like Uconnect Voice Commands with Bluetooth capabilities, all-wheel drive, and more on the all new 2016 Dodge Journey!
These March Mad Deals won’t last long! Not sure which one of these great deals you want to take advantage of? We have got you covered, have a look at what these vehicle reviewers have to say.